Friday, November 20, 2009

Field Trips and Bonfires


On Thursday last week I had the priviledge of taking a wonderful group of students to visit the Newseum in Washington, D.C. http://www.newseum.org/.



That evening, as SADD Club advisor, I was helping to put on a bonfire pep rally for winter sports. The Pennsylvanians Against Underage Drinking brought large bean bag chairs and set up a lounge around the perimeter of the bonfire. Their message: It's never too late to make a u-turn and make the right decision. They gave out tee-shirts to all the kids at the bonfire. http://www.pullayouee.com/

Saturday we entertained our neighbors for a bistro supper of steak and pommes frites topped off by Karen's wonderful chocolate bread pudding. On Sunday we had duties at church and a Bible study in the evening. Monday evening we went to an open house for missionaries to South Africa. Tuesday evening I had parent conferences until 7:00 p.m. Wednesday I drove SADD Club officers to Lancaster, PA, for a conference and returned to take the debate team to their meet - another late night. Thursday I was sick, but duked it out through parent conferences until 8:00 p.m. Today I am home - mostly sleeping.

Hopefully we will be healthy for our trip to Ohio next week for Thanksgiving and time with family, including Sharon, Mark and Ella.

No comments: