Thursday, March 31, 2011

Birthday

Another milestone - I am now of retirement age! I spent my birthday with students from my SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) Club doing leadership training with the National Guard's Drug Reduction Force. These guys are great! They did activities with the kids, then de-briefed and talked about how they could apply what they learned to leadership within the club. Since I won't be there next year, the students wanted to learn all they could about how to lead in my absence. Michael shares a birthday with me, so we planned a day out of school to celebrate!



Sgt. Duke generates ideas for next year's club with some of the student leaders.

Michael is directed through a "mine field" by his partner who is on the other side of the room. Communication is key! Sarah shows Katie where to put her foot as she navigates the "mine field." Sgt. Brandon and others laugh at her attempts to "show" Katie where to move.

Adrian takes her turn at following the directions of her partner.


No comments: