My nephew, Matt, received his Doctorate in Ministry Degree from Westminster Theological Seminary on May 24. Kat, Daniel, Abby and I drove to Souderton, PA, to attend the ceremonies. R.C. Sproul gave the graduation address. He was incredible. Wish I had taken my tape recorder so I could have a copy of the text of his message. Basically told the graduates to preach the gospel as we have it presented to us in the Bible. We can't tell the creator and author of salvation how to improve on His plan for salvation. Great message. Both Sproul and James I Packard received honorary degrees. Rev. Packard's presentation was done on video from England. Matt's parents, my brother and sister-in-law were there as well. It was good to have a family get-together for such a happy occasion. After the ceremony we went to the hotel where they were all staying and enjoyed an evening meal together before we drove home. Long, happy day.
R.C. Sproul addressing the graduates.
Peter and Andrew watch and wait for their dad to receive his diploma.
Let me introduce the Reverend Doctor Matthew Charles Mitchell, affectionately and humbly known as "Pastor Matt."
Heather, Andrew, Matt, Isaac, Peter, and Robin.
Congratulations, Matt.
Love,
Aunt Susie





2 comments:
Thank you so much for coming!
(And for all of your help in getting there with the project.)
It was great to be together.
Aunt Susie,
Westminster just posted the audio of the messages and a lot of good pictures:
http://www.wts.edu/stayinformed/view.html?id=1286
Love,
-Matt
Post a Comment