My classroom is finally finished - the Smart Board is working, the cables are all properly run, and the unpacking is completed. There are still a few minor things - new tables and a longer run for the drape behind the newsdesk - but other than that the room is finished. And only twenty days into the school year!
The control room for the studio...used to have original orange carpet from when the building was first opened in the early 70's.Why was my room finally renovated? The Assistant Superintendent noticed the fake skylights I had installed because the room was so dismal it depressed me to the point of not wanting to return to school last fall. She started the process rolling so that my room would get renovated this summer. They skylights are still here - and I have a great space in which to work. Wish I had taken "before" and "after" pictures. The renovations took out a wall, ripped out wooden cupboards, and made the room at least 300 sq ft larger.
Check it out at www.instantskylights.com!

No comments:
Post a Comment