Monday, December 14, 2009

Baby Sitting

It's so nice to be close enough to baby sit our grandson occasionally. Kat and Jason went to a Christmas party on Saturday evening and we stayed with Daniel. He wasn't very happy that Mommy and Daddy weren't home with him in the evening as they usually are. He fussed quite a bit, but gave a huge smile when he saw Daddy come in the door. He looked at us as if to say, "See, if I cry long enough, I'll get what I want." He stopped crying and started giggling.


We did have some very fun times with Daniel on Saturday and again on Sunday, as you can see in these photos.





Rich and Jason helped Kat make cookies for a tea party she was helping to host with a friend. Then they made apple upside down cake for dessert for a dinner party Rich and I were attending at our neighbor's Sunday evening. They had some quality male bonding going on in the kitchen most of the day!

Sunday we drove home in freezing rain, then went next door to Leon and Karen's house for some wonderful Boeuf Bourguignon. We hosted them for steaks on the grill and pommes frites last month. With the wonderful meals we have shared, I think once a month to get together sounds just right!


No comments: