Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My disagreement with the NEA and PSEA


Last summer it was brought to my attention that as a teacher in South Middleton School District I no longer have the option of NOT belonging to the teachers union. For several years I have elected not to join based on the position of the National Teachers Association. Their resolutions are rife with a social agenda that is totally contrary to a Biblical world view and my personal faith. Today I finished my letter to PSEA explaining why I object to being a member of the union and requesting that my money be sent to a non-religious charity. Fortunately, the state of PA allows for such a challenge to the union. If you would like to read a copy of my letter to PSEA and my local school board, I would be happy to send you one. I decided not to take up space on my blog to publish the entire letter. This issue has managed to raise my ire - and I am in a fighting mood! It felt really good to explain in detail why I object to the NEA and what exactly I believe and why. Let me know if you would like to read the letter!

No comments: