Friday, January 16, 2009

Oh, Brain, Wherefore art thou?

Ever have one of those times when you feel the brain has left the house? My brain has been checking out frequently during these cold winter days. Last weekend I tried to make coffee without a filter in the machine (clogged it up royally). Then I lost our symphony tickets between home and the symphony – found it down the side of the seat where it was almost impossible to retrieve.

Today I took some newsletters to the District Office in a building just down the hill from the high school. When I got back into the car, I noticed a bag of balloons and ribbons which reminded me that I needed to go to the party store for more of same. I drove to the party store (5 miles into town), and talked with Sharon on the phone while driving. Once I arrived I realized I had not taken my purse with me, since I was only going to the District Office down the hill. Then I remembered that I paid in the library for the Super Bowl luncheon next week and had $4.00 in change in my pocket. I decided to chance it. 8 balloon ribbons and 20 balloons later, I had change left over! The clerk gave me the ribbon and only charged $.15 each for the balloons. My lucky day! And then I got to tell the office ladies my story and make them laugh…one of my favorite things to do!

1 comment:

MSC said...

I guess "Mommy Brain" never fully recovers. This is my future I am reading about. :)